Whenever you are planning a healthy meal plan, opting for low fat meal ideas is always a good way to start. You may be trimming down on weight or you finding an ideal diet program for health and medical reasons. Whatever your reason maybe, starting on a meal planning is good for anyone who is keen on achieving a healthier and energetic lifestyle.Whatever your reason maybe, starting on a meal planning is good for anyone who is keen on achieving a healthier and energetic lifestyle.
But you must first recognize some important guidelines when choosing a healthy, low-fat meal plan because it s very easy to be overly strict in taking a certain kind and amount of foods. Be easy on yourself, after all, your goal is to consume a balanced and complete diet, and this includes everything, including fat intake but in amounts only necessary for your own body metabolism. Also, you must set an attainable and realistic diet goal to achieve this. Following these simple guidelines are essential to jumpstart your low-fat meal planning:
* Eat 4 to 6 small meals and snacks daily.
* You must plan ahead by preparing, packing and storing your food the night before. This means fresh and low-fat food should always be available in your home.
* Don’t get caught too much on complicated diet specifics. Keep it simple by just counting calories for starters.
* Eat food slowly. Enjoy and savor the process of eating.
* Make wise food selections such as vegetables, fruits, whole grains, non-fat or low-fat dairy products, lean meats, skinless poultry and fish.
* Avoid foods high in calories and animal fats.
* Avoid processed meats or such as hams, sausages, bacons and canned meat.
* Avoid processed food s high in sugar such as candy bars, pastries, and preserves.
* Employ a variety of healthy foods in your meal plan to keep them interesting. You can stat by preparing 5 different servings of fruits and vegetables everyday.
* Use healthy food preparations such as grilling, broiling and blanching or a much as possible eat it raw in cases of fruits and vegetables.
These general guidelines should always be taken in consideration when you do your low-fat meal planning. This is to ensure a healthy and low carbo meal and snacks every time. For those who are still wondering what kind of healthy meal to prepare, here is a sample meal plan:
1 cup oatmeal together with 1% low-fat milk
½ English muffin
1 cup coffee
2 ounces low-fat milk
1/2 cup orange juice
1 piece Lean Roast Beef Sandwich
3 ounces lean roast beef
2 medium slices whole wheat bread
1-2 leaves of lettuce
2-3 slices Tomato
1 teaspoon low skim mayonnaise
1 cup raw carrots1 medium apple
Water or calorie free beverage
3 oz Grilled lean pork tenderloin
1/3 cup brown rice
1 cup Steamed vegetables salad (asparagus, carrots, beans, etc.)
1/2 cup lettuce
1/2 cup tomato
1/2 cup cucumber 1/2 cup
1 tbsp Salad dressing
1 medium piece, Multigrain roll with margarine or butter
2 cups mixed fresh berries (strawberries and blueberries)
Water or calorie-free beverage.